Camp Robin hood Shoppable Packing List
Shop Camp Robin Hood Packing List!
A quick User guide: Camp Connection carries almost everything your camp asks for, with a few exceptions. We have kept this clickable list as true to your camps original as possible.
Each link will open in a new tab/window - we recommend you keep this tab open and browse the new one. When you are done shopping that item, close the window and come back here. Don't worry - any items you add to your cart in any window will stay put - just refresh this page to see your new additions.
If you have any questions about the list: The best people to contact are your summer camp administrators.
If you have any questions about our items: The best way to contact us is via email - firstname.lastname@example.org. We're usually back to you in under 24 hours (a little longer on weekends)
We Recommend: Bringing old/used items to camp whenever possible - these items will be used hard and may never make it home.
Camp Robin Hood Note: What to Pack, What to Wear
"Our experience has taught us that Moms and Dads like to have their child(ren) prepared for anything that GTA weather may throw our way during the summer. However, our CRH knapsacks (which we provide!) can only handle so many items! The “cabin” that your child will be assigned to has its own actual “cabin” where all items brought to camp can be stored and kept safe."
Here are more recommendations of what your child should wear and have packed in their knapsack on a daily basis.
- Washable, inexpensive clothing – we recommend that you NOT send clothing that may upset you and/or your child if for some reason it got dirty, accidentally damaged or went missing.
- LABEL ALL ITEMS - Our staff work very hard to help your child return home with all the items you send to camp, it is super-important that you find a labelling process that works for you. Even labelling with a sharpie (permanent) marker (first AND last names!!) makes returning lost items much easier.
- Wear a hat - one of the reasons our camp won the 2016 Melanoma Network of Canada Sun Safety Award is in part because of our commitment to all campers and staff protecting themselves from the sun.
- Sports Academy Campers – Campers are not required to bring specific sports equipment to camp, however, we do insist that athletic shoes (not sandals) be worn so that campers can play safely on our courts and fields. If your child has a baseball glove (LABELLED!) they are invited to pack one in their knapsack.
- Dress for weather – Since our location in Markham is susceptible to changing weather conditions, we do recommend you pack a few items that will allow your child to be comfortable regardless of what Mother Nature sends our way. Please check the weather daily but don’t assume that the conditions your child left home in will be the same throughout the day (or even the same as you may encounter wherever you are during the day). We recommend packing light items like a windbreaker, long-sleeve shirt, or a sweatshirt for cold windy days and boots and a raincoat for rainy days. We have great indoor facilities to keep our programs going all day long.
- Extra clothes at camp - Some of our younger campers may benefit from having some extra clothes labelled and stored in the cabin just in case these items are needed.
- Footwear - Running shoes and socks are preferred over sandals/open-toe shoes, thus allowing our campers to partake in all of our activities
- Sunscreen to be left in the cabin - We ask that you apply sunscreen (rain or shine) on your child before they get on to the bus/ or travel with you to camp each morning. On the first day of camp, please provide sunscreen (LABELLED!) that can be kept in the cabin and reapplied at designated times during the day. Our staff are trained on the various age-appropriate ways to assist their campers with putting on more sunscreen. Your child’s Section Head (age-division supervisor) will contact you if we need more sunscreen.
THE 'WHAT TO PACK' SUMMARY :
- 1 bathing suit (campers should travel to camp in their bathing suit for morning swim)
- 1 pair of shorts and underwear
- Lunch (if providing)
- Sweatshirt and sweatpants
- Pool shoes – optional
- Eyeglasses case (if required)
- Earplugs (if required)
ROBIN HOOD ADVICE:
- Pack an appropriate change of clothes for days that start off cool - Even on our coolest days, a t-shirt and shorts should be worn or packed.
- Pack a plastic bag for wet clothes
- Label everything with first name and last name