Camp Manitou Shoppable Packing List
Shop Camp Manitou's Packing List!
A quick User guide: Camp Connection carries almost everything your camp asks for, with a few exceptions. We have kept this clickable list as true to your camps original as possible.
Each link will open in a new tab/window - we recommend you keep this tab open and browse the new one. When you are done shopping that item, close the window and come back here. Don't worry - any items you add to your cart in any window will stay put - just refresh this page to see your new additions.
If you have any questions about the list: The best people to contact are your summer camp administrators.
If you have any questions about our items: The best way to contact us is via email - firstname.lastname@example.org. We're usually back to you in under 24 hours (a little longer on weekends)
We Recommend: Bringing old/used items to camp whenever possible - these items will be used hard and may never make it home.
Max requirements for 3, 4, 7 week session. Short sessions may adjust numbers if not staying.
- 12 t-shirts (short sleeved)
- 4 long sleeved t-shirts
- 3 warmer long sleeved sweatshirts
- 6 pairs of shorts
- 4 pairs long pants (jeans or sweatpants)
- 12 pairs underwear
- 12 pairs of socks
- 4 swimsuits
- 3 pairs pajamas (warm and light)
- 3 sun hats
- 2 sneakers/running/cross trainer shoes (if your child for example plays tennis a lot make sure one is specifically for tennis/cross trainer)
- 1 pair rubber boots or hiking boots
- 1 pair water shoes (optional)
- 1 pair of sandals
- 1 lightweight jacket
- 1 warm jacket (or light ski jacket)
- 1 raincoat
2 plain white t-shirts (for silk-screening during camp programs)
- 6 towels (for showers and swimming)
- 2 small hand towels
- 1 toothbrush
- 1 tube of toothpaste
- 1 bottle of body wash or 2 bars of soap
- 1 bottle of shampoo
- 1 hairbrush (or comb)
- 1 soap container
- 1 toiletry case
- 1 large box of tissue
- 1 bottle of sun tan lotion
- 1 stick of deodorant
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
- 1 flashlight and or lantern (for night time)
- 1 bottle mosquito repellent
- Letter writing materials, dark blue/black pens for outgoing mail, stamps
- 1 water bottle
- 1 fun costume (for Halloween or special events)
- 1 musical instrument
- 1 shoe bag (to hold sundry items, not shoes)
- Mesh laundry bags to hold socks/underwear
1 blue, yellow, green and red shirt (1st session camp wide program – include these in short-sleeve t-shirt total)
SPECIAL CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT
In most cases, camp will supply equipment for activities as needed. The following are activities where specific items are often required to especially if campers are participating at a higher level:
- Baseball: Baseball glove
- Canoe Tripping: Sleeping bag, water shoes (not CROCS), and life jacket/PFD (for long trips).
- Dance: Dance shoes (ballet or jazz slippers, or tap shoes). Dance pants optional.
- In-Line Hockey: Roller blades and helmet with full-face shield (cage). We supply pads and sticks.
- Photography: A digital camera can be brought to camp but expensive items are discouraged as items can be lost.
- Rock/Guitar: We supply instruments and amps.
- Tennis: Tennis shoes (could be second pair of shoes in clothing list) and racquet.
- Water sports: Life jackets are optional to bring (but mandatory to wear, so your own may be more comfortable if wearing one regularly).
What not to Bring
- Cell Phones, Smartphones, iPhones, Smartwatch, even without a SIM card
- MP3 PLAYERS WITH SCREENS – exception is basic mp3, ipod shuffle, ipod nano
- Money (or poker chips etc), Any valuables should go directly to the camp office.
- Laptops, iPads, DVD players, E-Readers, video recorders, Gameboys, PSPs or other video game devices
- Hot pots, kettles, hair straighteners, hair dryers, electric fans or any small plug-in appliances
- Walkie-talkies or other portable communication devices
- Bottled Water, snacks, candy, or other food for the cabin (and absolutely no food with nuts)
- Portable shelving, Furniture (including folding chairs), large equipment (skateboards, bikes).
- Knives, duct tape or similar maintenance supplies
- Lighters, slow burning items (incense, mosquito coils), fireworks, smoke bombs (or an similar “fun tricks”)